Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Eternal Love




This weeks blog is especially difficult for me. I have been having a very tough week and I have been thinking about what I would write for about 3 days now. Where do I begin?

For those of you that don't know me, my nephew, Jason, passed away in July 2007, after injuries sustained from a fatal car accident. He would be turning 21 this coming Saturday, October 17, 2009. My family and I will be celebrating Jason's life on Saturday and while remembering him does bring us peace, it is hard to believe that his life was so short, he will never know my children, he will never have children of his own and he will never grow old with the rest of us.

In addition, tomorrow, October 15, is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I attended an event at GBMC this past Sunday to memorialize all babies born too soon and it was really uplifting and heart wrenching at the same time. Each family received a candle to create a "wave of light" tomorrow around the world. We are each asked to light a candle at 7pm in all time zones, all over the world. If everyone lights a candle at 7 pm and keeps it burning for at least one hour, there will be a continuous "wave of light" over the entire world on October 15th. The candle burns in memory of our loving babies, born too soon but loved forever.

Since losing Alex, I have made it a goal to create a necklace design in his memory. I wanted to create something that was symbolic to me but could also be a universal symbol for anyone wishing to support my cause. I know right away that the name of the necklace would be "Eternal Love". Because no matter what your motivation for purchasing this necklace, "eternal love" is a powerful phrase for every aspect of your life. To me, "eternal love" proves that even though I will never be able to hold my baby, my love for him will last a lifetime. And even though I will be celebrating my nephew's birthday without him, he is always in my heart.

The "Eternal Love" Necklace will be available as early as tomorrow on my etsy website, www.tuvida.etsy.com , as it is very important for me to showcase this necklace on October 15th. A will be donating $10 from the sale of each necklace back to both Trisomy 18 Foundation and Donate Life. My nephew donated his organs through Donate Life and it is the official charity of the Richmond Marathon and Half Marathon.

Today is one month til race day!! I am getting nervous for the 13.1 mile distance but I know that Alex and Jason will give me the strength to run, walk or crawl to the finish line. My goal of completing this half marathon in memory of Alex and Jason is only part of the journey...I plan to run with love in my heart and I hope to inspire others to turn sadness into motivation, death into life...life is too short to sit around and do nothing, we must live it and challenge ourselves to always be better!

"True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations; it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment