Thursday, October 22, 2009

Shop for a Cause



As part of my half marathon in just 22 days (UGH!!), I have made it a goal to raise $1600 for the Trisomy 18 Foundation to honor Alex and hopefully be able to help other families dealing with a Trisomy 18 diagnosis. I have raised about $800 thus far, so I am half way there! I decided on $1600 as may goal as part of my "It was a Sweet Sixteen", as I was 16 weeks pregnant when we lost Alex. I have been training for 16 weeks for my half marathon and thus $1600 would be another symbol of my bitter sweet journey of healing. I feel like I have learned so much about myself and others throughout this ordeal and I hope that my words and my goals will help someone else smile through there sorrow and know that you can make a difference!

With that said, I am hosting a fundraiser at aMuse Toys –Fells Point Location
1623 Thames Street on Tuesday, October 27 from 6-8 p.m aMuse will donate 20% of in store purchases (6-8pm), 15% (all day) of online purchases made at www.amusetoys.com
(use code “Trisomy” at checkout).

I hope you will join me. I plan to buy a few toys for Elena and I can only hope that Alex will be smiling down on October 27 knowing that I am doing this for him, to show how much he will always mean to me. His short life was not in vain, his legacy is that he has shown me that I can do all that is in my power to help other families and hopefully through awareness and fundraising, one day Trisomy 18 will not be a diagnosis that any family will have to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment